There are many desktop apps that can add video effects to your webcam, . Skype does include a webcam settings option to regulate the most basic video set up, but if you want to make the streaming or chat a bit funnier, you cand add backgrounds, change colors, like displaying your image in black and white, or, if done with professional purposes, play slideshares in a split screen. We will list only the best two desktop software, for Windows and MAC.
How to change and Add Skype Video effects to your Webcam.
From Skype Built-In Options
- Go to Skype >> Tools >> Options >> Video Settings >> Webcam Settings
Add Video Effects to Skype on MAC – With Camtwist desktop program
- Download and install Camtwist
- Check the video below on how to make Camtwist work with Skype, adding effects to its video (always make sure to have the program opened before you open skype)
Add Video Effects to Skype on Windows – With ManyCam desktop software
- Download and install Manycam (the link has full details on both installation and Skype Video Effects)
- Click on Webcam Settings and choose Many Cam as your actual camera, instead of the one you are using.